iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Friday, October 4, 2013

Hows life..

A very common question i get as i started my life in the united states..

Amazing! MasyaAllah.. Only Allah knows how grateful am i to be here..indeed, why should be proud living in the non Islamic country?

I cant describe what happened to me like perfectly. Atleast this is my journal for me to record a wonderful chapter of my life... I came to the states.. For one reason.. I want to learn! Learn others cultures, learn new life, learn about people, learn Islam better, learn what life is all about, learn the things that i should.. It is obligated for every muslims to seek knowledge.. That is why i decided to further my life here.. Study! Formal and informally.

Experiences... Too many that i cant explain.. But lets try.. :)

Bismillahirahman arrahim..

I came here.. With a additional piece of cloth on my head that covers my hair to my chest that makes people look at me very differently..fully covered from top to toe except my hands and my face.. I knew these would happen...

As i reached here.. I tried to get myself into the community.. It is hard at first.. It really was.. Plus, with my bad English.. How do i communicate with the people here? I can understand them very easily but my grammars n speaking isn't that good. That makes me hard to get a friend..

However, just because Allah loves me so much, i get mentors for my faststart program.. One named pooja and one more is Rayan.. ALHAMDULILLAH, Rayan is a Muslim lady, in junior year.. She helped me a Lot.. She showed me the masjid, she helped me to get involve in society, she is really helpful.. Now, she is trying to put me in an Islamic class.. InsyaAllah.. May Allah reward her with blessings.. Ameen..

ALHAMDULILLAH, even i am in the America, i go to masjid every week.. There i meet Muslims like family.. Speechless.. They are all so friendly.. Subhanallah.. Even we never met before, we care like a family.. That is one of the power of brotherhood in Islam.. alhamdulillah every week (usually on Saturday) my soul ll have its food.. There is Islamic lecture in the masjid.. I love it.. :) i can gain knowledge!!!

That is not the only source of islamic knowledge that i have here.. ALHAMDULILLAH, i joined online usrah.. With my malaysian friends... Not bad.. I like it.. We have taddabur session..to know more about the holy book Quran and the messages in it. Seriously, it is essential to learn it. My usrah, usually held on Sunday.. My usrah mates:
sabrina - temple university
Mira - penn state Erie
alin - Iowa state uni
Sarah - state uni of new York
mimi -penn state uni park.
Jazakumullahukhoir

Not to forget, my favorite team, Muslim student association. Every week, the weekly meeting is my favorite event that i ll be waiting for.. A very active and fantastic club for me.. I like the people a lot and i like it when it comes to the controversial issue discussion.. Everyone speak and give their opinions and points based on the quran n hadith n also personal opinion.. the Participation of non Muslim in the discussion is also one of that makes the discussion fun! :) may Allah guide them.. they asks questions and that is the time to thicken our faith with Islam... It makes u thinks n u ll find knowledge to put in words very nicely.. At the same time, that makes your belief even better!

ALHAMDULILLAH.. What a bless..

Also, i have a friend, a non Muslim friend that always ask me about Islam.. He asks why Muslims need to pray, why cant touch, and the best question is, how prayer give me strength? :) nice.. May Allah give him guidance.. I know he was just asking and not thinking of reverting. It is okay.. As long as he is interested to learn about religion, even he is actually now trying to learn about his own religion, i m giving him the support. He told me that he is now trying to get himself closer to god.. It is okay if he thinks his god and our god is different, as long as people have the awareness to go back to the religion, it is a good thing for me.. At least they don't live life just to enjoy and party.. :D insyaAllah he ll find the truth.

long story.. That is not all, and that is not even half of it.. still having stories about other things..

Lets talk about myself... What have i gained for my own?

I gained new spirit! ALHAMDULILLAH. Here, no one is trying to put me down.. I can do what i want and don't need to think about whats in others mind.. I can speak English as i wish regardless my grammar mistakes.. No one ll laugh at me! Americans know that English is not my first language and they understand if we make mistakes..

Also, i ve gained my confidence little by little.. MasyaAllah. When i need to deal with officers or who ever, i can just step forward and have nothing to worry about.. I am now a brave girl! Not a coward anymore. ALHAMDULILLAH.. even actually i am forcing myself to do it.. I am satisfied with that.. I v made an improvement!!!!

And, i am now an outgoing girl.. I ll do anything when i want something.. As long as it'll not bringing the anger of Allah, i ll do it, insyaAllah :) I dont know why, but i am so eager to give a try to something new..
For example, i don't know where do i get the strength to give my name for the election of the Muslim student association's officer, but i did. And biidznillah, i got a position as a treasurer of the club.. Frankly said, that was really a big achievement for me as i am the only first-year student that is holding a position as the officer in the club.. The other positions are holded by third and forth year students.. Really hope i can contribute to the society... Seriously, who knows that i can get a position in a club in America? Shocking for me..

Not to forget, here i learned more to be independent. My housemate and i pay our bills by ourselves. We actually tried to seek help from seniors but as Allah knows best, He wants us to learn by our own.. This week was a week of pressure .. So many things to be done that includes exams, quizzes, bill payments, money transfer and many else...

And most important thing, i am learning to be grateful and faithful . We entered this house, where we stay right now, on august 17, nothing was in it except for the stove, oven, n refrigerator.. Only! Not even a chair or desk or fan.. but now,, we have all the furniture for a complete house.. From a dining table to the television.. And most of them we get for free! Allahu akbar.. It is really true that Allah really can give whenever he wants to.. All u need to do is to work for it, pray and believe! N he ll suffice you more than what u ve aspected.. Really!

I guess,, that all for now, hope there is tomorrow.. or else, pray for me.. Forgive me .. Assalamualaikum :)

3 comments:

  1. rasa nak menangis aku ana baca entry anti kali ni.. please pray that I have the same courage.. (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. typos fixed.. hehe.. insyaAllah.. Allah ll give us what we need.. ameen

    ReplyDelete