iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Muslim, non-Muslim, New Muslim.

 I violated some copyright issue, I admit, but I thought, this post is interesting.
It is from my classmate who is a non-Muslim (yet) sharing his feelings growing up in a Muslim Country.

"Growing up as a Christian in a Muslim populated country I have experienced the feeling of left out a lot. When I was in high school, before starting our school assembly, it would be open with a Muslim dua. Almost 90% of the people in my school are Muslim. I would just sit there and watch all of my Muslim friends perform dua. My friends who are Hindu, Buddhist and Christians would feel so left out. I was always wondering what it would be if the assembly starts with a Christian prayer. That would definitely come out in the news in my country. Even when starting our class, we would say “Assalammualaikum” to our teachers. Although the words are from Arab and not entirely related to Islam but I still felt that my country’s government tries to convert us into Muslims. We even have to study about Islam in our history class. We would have to memorize the life of Nabi Muhammad and the fellow Rashidun. They never teach us about Jesus and the Hindu gods. Some of my friend even go so far as converted into Muslim because he felt left out and just wanted to feel belong with our fellow Muslim friends. I just hope that someday secularization would be put into action not just in my high school but all the school in the world so that no one would be felt left out.  "

I never thought there some people feel like Muslims are converting them into Islam. I personally never thought of having that intention when I am doing something that is related to Islam. I respect his feeling but it is kind of shocking to know, personally.

I wonder if his friend is actually converted into Islam because of the feeling of left out or is it because he really believe in the faith. Allah knows best. But as far as I know, when people changing a faith, it is actually a big deal, especially when entering Islam. It is really a big decision. One need first to have the willingness face those rejection from his family and friends when embracing the new faith. As people know, Islam is has so many thing that one need to do when they make that decisio0n to really be a Muslim. they need to pray, perform Salah. that is one of it but it actually take a lots of courage and patience to do it. one need first to be committed! need to learn how to do it. not just the actions, but also the recitation need to be memorized. If the recitation is in ones mother tongue or in the language that he familiar with, that should not be a problem, however, it is in Arabic! Need first to learn the alphabet, like to learn a new language. It is a new language to people who don't speak Arabic.

until today, I really admire people who bravely take the decision to revert in to Islam. It is indeed not easy. even a as a born Muslim, I find it difficult to change in to a devoted Muslim. It is hard! A lot of challenges indeed..

But you know what is the sweetest thing is? Allah is there. Always. All we need to do is find Him and ask Him. Indeed, Allah's help is near.

* I did notice that I have changed my topic like dramatically, but, who cares, This is what I think. and what I need to always reflect upon.

- Be kind to people. no matter what their religious affiliation is, they need to be bless to have Muslims around them, not forced. Muslim or not, they are still human beings that need to be treated equally, as our prophet Salallahu'alaihiwassalam taught us.

- I love listening to the stories of converts, because that is really what sacrifice is about. They are willing to loss everything. They don't mind losing it as long as they are finding the God. simply, WOW! I really need that kind of faith too!

-We are obligated to try our best to show why are we, a Muslim. Show to the world, how beautiful it actually is that it is not a burden, it is a blessing. Share the love :)

May Allah guide us all.

Allahumma Amiin. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment