Yeah, it had been a very busy semester. No doubt. I was trying to find some time to update my blog but I haven't got a chance. Now that I don't like writing anymore. Writing has been my hobby since ever. But sadly, I was too busy to write it properly.
Let's start by saying bismillah alhamdulillah.
Yeah, I was busy this semester. I know I missed doing what I used to be doing. But pro and cons, I actually learned a lot in those times. Obviously, I have a new housemate, we missed her for a year and not she is here. Alhamdulillah. Now, we are living three of us.
Let's talk about study. Alhamdulillah my study is not so bad although I am actually struggling for some of my subjects, especially my federal taxation class. I can't hide it, it is a hard subject to me. I mean, maybe because I am not used with the taxation system here in United States. Some of the laws just can be accepted by me. Why is it complicated to calculate the tax. Just saying. But actually, without the exams and the projects, I would say I enjoy learning it, simply because I can see the perfection of Allah's law. The zakat is very simple and not complicated. I always compare what I learn in the class with what Islam teaches. For that reason, I am so proud to be a Muslim
Not to forget, my woman and religion class, what wonderful class. The fact that we learn about Christianity, i actually can make myself understand Islam better. You know what? I just know that I am actually a feminist. You can talk about women's right with me and I will say, consider islam!
I Islam is the only religion to give most right to woman. If you understand Islam, no one would argue about women's right. But people will start to question men's right instead! The fact that women were treated just like a queen in Islam. Would make most men jealous. Trust me, I am a feminist and a Muslim.
middle eastern history, what else can I say? It is an important class that most Muslim should take. Learn how Islam started to spread, and actually conquered 2/3 of the world, is really mind blowing. I know I took the class for granted. But this post is to remind my own self.
What else. Marketing and intermediate accounting. Both are fun. But I personally like marketing better. Marketing is so interesting that i started to understand the human's mind. To be precise, consumer's mind.
Not that I don't like accounting but let's just keep it secret.
Why am I updating about my classes? I know right? I wanted and always wanted to remind myself about my intention. Yes, I am learning academics subjects. But I need to remember that I need to take them, not because of credits or graduation requirements. I took it because I want to know Allah. I know how much waste if I learn someting just because of the worldly reasons. I need to remind my self that I will die soon and I don't know when.
If I take it because this world and I die before having the chance apply them, imagine the waste of life. But if I have the right intention for Allah, I know every second I spend in learning the knowledge, I will be rewarded. InsyaAllah.
My, word is always easy to be made but realize that to put into action is a total different story.
May Allah ease. Amiin
No comments:
Post a Comment