iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Be motivated and Do without complain

I learn to not complain. This semester had been a very tough one for me. A lot of responsibilities and commitment that I need to look after. But, I will never regret this experience.


I am in my sixth semester of college. I am currently taking a lot of higher level classes. Yes, I only take 15 credits this semester. Lesser credits than the credits I took last semester. 15 credits should be easy to handle. But since it is a higher level classes, and doing double major, it is kind of tough. I am currently do not have any formal official job. But I am very active joining clubs and organization.


This semester I am a part of 7 clubs. I am the Vice President for MCC( Multi-Cultural Council), a very active member of MSA (Muslim Student Association), an active member of ISO (International Student Organization), ASO (Asian Student Organization), IB ( International Business) club, HRPC ( Human Relations Programming Committee) and NAACP( National Association of Advancement for Coloured People). Doing my best to attend all of the meeting like every week, really a tough job to do. And when I attend a meeting, I don’t want to just be physically there. I want contribute of at least get something from it.


And I do. Thank God.

Yes, I purposely mention all of the clubs I join. Not at all to impress anyone. I do it because I think that could be a picture of how over-achiever some people might think of me.

I am actually more than happy to have this kind of opportunity. I meet a lot of people everyday. Now, i don’t just see people, but I am actually meet and interact with them. Knowing who I was back then, one might be surprised of how much change i did with my life. Of course, doing those might not easy and obviously not entirely by me. The process is long and hard. Some even thought I had changed from being an introvert, into an extroverted girl.


I personally would doubt that. I am still an introvert. I love spending time alone. Talk to my self and question every step that I am about to take. But why am I spending too much time socializing with people, if that is not something I prefer doing?


If I had a choice, I would selfishly not wasting my time doing what I don’t really interested in. But knowing that life is short and understanding that life is a lot more than just about our own self, investing all of the time I owed just into my own self, is the worst thing I could do.


Being selfish is not an option for me. In my life, I know I need to do something. I don’t need people to realize that, but I know what I want. I remember listening to one of the TEDTalks, it says ‘the same person who love to spend days in a cave until he got the holy revelation, was the exact same person who spend most of his time with humanity, spreading love. Since that day, I know exactly what I want to do. He was Prophet Muhammad, by the way.


We are designed to connect. Yes, indeed. who doesn’t want to have all his time on himself. Of course, if I think only about my own self, i will definitely spend time watching movies, and dramas, sleep, having fun and relax all the time. But something in me forces me to get out there and do something. No, i don’t mean we shouldn’t spend some time entertain ourselves.

Patient, is a fight against yourself.  It took a lot of strength in you to get out from what you wish to do, and really do something to the world. In my case, one of the reason i am doing it is because I want people to witness that they have met a Muslim, a peaceful Muslim, not a terrorist. It is always tempting to change what I really decide on doing. Especially when I heard people complain about their life. I mean, normal people complaining about normal things. Lets not take those people who live in the rural area who don't even have the food to eat. They sure have the right to complain, though most of them choose not to. *dush*


But yeah, I guess, the best lesson I get is to be motivated. Ask myself why I do it, instead of listening to the excuses by most people to not do it. I can be very negative sitting with negative people. they complain about their lives, but well that will force my mind to think that I definitely have a better reason to complain but not. I don't want to complain. and why am I listening to them anyway?
Though I actually sigh a little bit (or a lot) here and there....


Let people speak what they want to speak. But if it conscious or unconsciously affect you in a bad way, have the courage to stand up and leave. with a smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment