iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

The First Step is Always the Hardest

Assalamualaikum,

This two weeks had been very busy for me. I have so many things to write but unfortunately, I really don't have time for it. I have more responsibilities now. As a Muslim, as a human and as a creation in general.

I thought what I have right now is life changing. It is definitely a test from God. In the eyes of people, I am step forward than who I was before. IN the eyes of God, i really hope the same thing, but only Allah knows.

I have made a big decision in my life. This might be an opportunity for me to be a better person, but I can also be something that will make me forget of the real purpose of my entire existence. I would like to remind my very own self. I really want to make sure I am following the right path. Ameen.

I really hope that I continue what I intended to do. This is a big step for me. Being a shy person, but having a responsibility to be more friendly and talkative, really is a challenging thing to me. Obviously I had a choice not to do this, but I know for fact, if i don't take this chance,perhaps I won't get this kind of opportunity anywhere else. but what kind of chance I am talking about?

The chance to lead by example. I had spend my 2 years in College being very active and engaged with Muslim Student Association. With the will of Allah, I get to use my words to explain to people about Islam. My role was kind of focused. I was in Muslim organization, and I talked and spread about Islam.

Now, I am in different organization. Multi-Cultural Council. Though I am still in MSA and will always try to do what I can to help, My role in MCC is bigger. My job description covers more. I work with different people, I plan on different things, I discuss different ideas.

The big challenge is, how do I use this chance to give Dawah ( spread about Islam) that will always be my duty as a Muslim.

Just like most of us know, Action speaks louder than words. This time, I want to take this chance to talk less but show people who Muslims really are. We are not lazy people. We are not violent people. We are not uncivilized people. We are people of ideas, people with skills and people with integrity.

I don't want to prove this to anyone. but I want to see if I can become one. Yes, I risk my own self for this. This can take away my sincerity. But I really want to make sure I am solid. I spread Dawah not just because I am in an organization that needs me to do it. I don't want do it just because people expect that from me.

I want to challenge my own self to test my own self. Am I just gonna blend in with people around me? Challenge my belief that I always fight for. Of course. I need Allah for this.

It's only two weeks and I feel this is hard. trying to talk to people and fight my shell really take a lot of courage to do so. I am not saying I am great that I can do this, but all praise to Allah, things gets better.
It took a lot of guts to actually be in a very diverse group of people. Meeting people is actually hard.

But I know I have my own dream. It is a big dream. I want to make the world a better place, for you and for me and for the entire human race.

All we need is love!

But of course, I am no one to do it all, I know I was born to do something to heal the world. I hate hatred. I love love. Indeed, What I am doing right now seems nothing to most people, but I am glad that I took the courage to do it. It will work! Ameen.

smile at each other
help one another
be there for one another
reach for the brothers.
shelter the sisters
tell people that we love them

I want to work with a group to spread peace. That is Islam about. I want to practice Islam in a broader context. Islam is not just about Muslims. Islam is about God and I have read the Quran and I believe, as a human being, spreading peace is encouraged.

That is what I want to do. I WANT TO LEARN NOT TO BE SELFISH ANYMORE.
I need to understand how much people need love. How much the world needs help. Stop thinking that I am the only living organism in this life.

To be someone who at least contributed something toward a better world.

I don't expect people to see what my dream is. I just want my dream to come true. I don't need people to thank me for that, but I just don't want to regret this if I don't do it.

Yes, this is tough, because that is a big step ( to me). but well, have faith, things will get easier from time to time. Indeed, the help of God is near. The first step is always the hardest. May everything will get better from time to time.

Peace and Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment