iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Stop wishing anyone is different


Haha~

Since I am now officially done with my undergraduate studies, I think I have more time to write. I guess, I would like to share more about my thoughts and feelings here ( like this is something new)

If you are following my blog, you are most likely to know my style of writing and thinking. Oh yes, thank you for your time.

Well, since I just graduated ( the hottest topic after this will be about marriage (and jobs). In the previous post, I did mention that I am now a new person, at least on how I view myself. Therefore, I would like to start turning my real life experiences into valuable lessons for my future. 

Now let's dive into the topic.

I am 22 and most of my life, I have spent by living in rooms and houses of different people. Living with family until I was 12 and then different roommates once I admitted into a hostel. It changes almost every year. I then when to a preparation college and have another roommate before I flew to the US. Currently, I am living with two other in a nice house.

I hardly have difficulties living with anyone. Most of the time, I just remind myself that everyone is different and they come from different background and carry different loads. However, sometimes I am guilty of wishing something about them is different.

It is not that I hate them or can't live with them. But as a normal human being, I wronged them by hoping that they could be better and expect different characters and attitude from them.

I know this is considered normal to most people and that is why I I decide to touch on this. But when we started to think again, doesn't this thing called dissatisfaction? Or easily translated as ungratefulness?

OK, let me give some example. Have you ever wish someone is a better listener, gentler, more helpful or just feel like screaming: "oh why are you not like the other person?"

Anyway, do you get my point here? All I want to point out is RESPECT. I personally feel like if we are practicing the bad habit of wishing someone else is different, we are not respecting that particular person. Yes, it is not like I want someone else to replace him or her. But the fact that you are expecting them to behave differently just (ahhhhh I don't know how to explain.. )something and it is wrong!

I feel like this is one of the biggest lessons I learned throughout this years. One day, if I ever get married, I hope I could read this post and remind myself that "just like whatever happens to you, happens for reasons,  WHO YOU MET is the same thing."  

Let it be they are good or bad, you are no one to judge. You are smart enough to acknowledge if that should be an example for you to follow or it should be something you promise to yourself to do. But wishing he or she is different shows you are not accepting what God has planned for you.

This makes me scared because, what if I find someone and marry him and after a few years, I feel like he is not the best husband? Am I gonna find a new one? Wishing he is somebody else?

Or even worse I have a child and I put an expectation but he or she unable to fulfill my dream, then what? Am I gonna wish he or she is like others child? 

GOD! NO!

That's why I feel like this is big deal somehow. Be content and stop dreaming of something from others. Just find a mirror and look at yourself, fix what you need and trust God.

Trust me, if you wish someone is different and they changed, yes you will be happy, but after a short time, you will AGAIN, wish something else is different. You will never be satisfied.

After all, this is worldly life, nobody is perfect, NOT EVEN YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment