iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Imagine yourself at your own funeral

I am in my final year at college. In other words, it is my last few months here in the United States. I will miss this place so much. I learned a lot about my own self. I lose and find myself here. When I first came here, I did not have so many things to achieve within three and a half years. I just wanted to learn. Learning has always been my life goal. I just wanted to get better and better every time.


I took a time to look back these past years to see what I have been achieving and what I have not. Indeed, life is actually a very short journey but it is very puzzling. There are so many paths to choose. Sometimes, you will feel very proud of yourself, but sometimes, it feels really disappointing when you realize there are things in life that if you could turn back time, you would definitely go back and choose another path.


Sometimes, I felt that too. But lately, I been spending my time alone and to think about what else should I do before I leave this country, but I could not help myself from thinking about what else should I achieve if I were to leave this world in few months coming. It is little scary for some people, to think about death. However, it is to me something I should think about. At my age, usually, people talk about marriage a lot. Yes, me too.. I think about marriage too. Marriage is exciting and scary at the same time. Sometimes, it is just easier not to think about it when you associate it with the responsibilities and everything. But it is definitely something to think about.


But unlike marriage, death is something sure. We all will surely experience death. Most people imagine themselves at their dream wedding but a lot fewer people think about themselves at their own funeral. Let’s just think about it for a moment, A cliche question to ask ourselves;


What if you know your life will be taken away in a few days.. What will you do differently?

.

.

.


And what is stopping you from doing so now?


And then I asked my very self to imagine my own self at my own funeral. What regrets would I have?


You might burst into tears when thinking seriously about it but I will give you one good news…


.

.

.



You still have a chance to make some important changes.


Trust me, when you take the time to think about it, You will see some changes you will make in life and before you know it, you are a happy and peaceful person now. Let me tell you why…


Imagining your own funeral will remind you of the kind of person you want to be and the priorities that are most important to you.


  • You will not easily give up on your dreams.  You know you must do it because it is not at all an option to fall apart


  • Even if you at all fall apart, you will have the best reason to put your pieces back together again because you how many painful regrets can be.


  • This is your chance to fix things. If you have bad relations with your family members, make sure you don’t die in the state of disappointment, wishing you could come back to the world and spend more time with them. Bad relations with people, fix it, bad relation with God, do something about it…


  • You will stop worrying too much about things that would bother you so much… those things do not worth a thing… End hatred in your heart, stop being jealous of others. They have their lives and you have yours. Make yours worth it.


  • Just start focusing on what really matter. Define who you want to be and be one. Stop spending money you don’t have to buy the thing you don’t need to impress people you don’t even care! Have heard that before, yes! Think about it.


Well.. this is just how I feel about life and what make me keep moving and motivated to be better and better each day. Different people might have different ways to live life. But yeah, just give it a try.. Set an alone time with yourself without scrolling the facebook, Instagram, or snapchat. Without playing the shows on your screen. Resist the temptation and try to focus, just, this time, to think about yourself. Imagine you in your own funeral.


May God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment