iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Monday, January 23, 2017

the BIG word called PROMISE

Just about one more week and I will leave, insyaAllah

I always wanted to write about this but I keep forgetting.

If I have the power to request everyone to read my blog, and could only pick one post for them to read, I would choose this particular post.

PROMISE has become another word where people are ignoring its meaning. I know, as a 23 years old, I am not the wisest person on earth but I am smart enough to be disappointed with how people treat the word as a real thing.

Promises mean everything, but after they are broken, sorry means nothing. I am the person who takes promises very seriously because I believe it should. I must admit, I can't stop myself from judging someone based on the way he or she promises and whether of not he tries his best to fulfill.

Well is it fair for me to just "Oh, I'm sorry I thought you meant what you promised, silly me.", when the fact is, EVERYONE ON EARTH TODAY SHOULD REFLECT ON THIS MATTER!

To me, promises are worse than lies. Cause you make them hope, hope for something that you are not sure you can give. Although I am aware that not everything that we hope and we plan will go as we wish it to be. I am not cruel to punish someone who can't keep their promise when they had tried their best but something came up.

And yes, make promises and say insyaAllah. BUT, do not use that word as an excuse, please!

It's just, don't make promises when you don't intend to keep and dot promise when you're happy. Don't promise reply when you are angry and don't decide when you are sad.

You know what? Three things you should never break; PROMISES, TRUST and SOMEONE'S HEART.

It makes my heart sick when I remember all the good words and the broken promises.

Even in Islam, Promise is a big deal. Remember the signs of a hypocrite?
1) whenever he speaks, he lies
2) whenever he promises, he breaks his promise
3? whenever he is trusted, he betrays the trust

Oh, I hate to sound like I am the best person to voice this out because I know there are mistakes here and there on my behalf. And that is why I think this should be rethink. Everyone should take promises seriously. I am not writing this based on one event that happened in my life and I want to make sure that person read this. I am writing this because there are multiple events of my own and of others which break hearts.

If words can't be trusted, how else should we get to know someone? Let alone for them to be trusted to take care of our heart.

I'm just tired of empty promises.



No comments:

Post a Comment