iqra'

Remember, every single deed you have done will be written. Even the smallest one!

Thursday, August 20, 2015

"When the sun rises, things will get a lot better!"



18/8 I am back to the US. The journey was very long that we almost give up. 

Break down of hours is as follows:
8, of flight from Malaysia to Japan
10, transit at japan - we visited places in narita
12, flight from japan  to LA
4, transit at LA
8, flight from LA to chicago
8, overnight at chicago airport
11, bus from chicago to erie

That should make 61 hours! I am so not ready for that. Therefore, after we arrived at chicago, we decided to do something about it. We are not willing to sleep and wait at the airport for another 11 hours by bus tomorrow. 

So we searched for a flight ticket from chicago to erie, regardless the price. We are desperate!
But, none of the trip works. We kept thinking. Suddenly i remembered, i can drive!!! 

I suggested to rent a car and drive all the way to erie. It was one in the morning. Lynn easily agree with the idea, quite surprisingly. It took around one hour and a half to complete the process of renting a car. Again, surprisingly, we did it! That was my first time renting a car, using my international drivers license. 



So, by 2.30am, we started our journey from Chicago. After 3 hours if driving, i started to regret my decision. I doubt my self to drive another 6 hours. I am really tired.but i dont want to stop driving, because i really want to get home as soon as possible, because i thought, if i stop and sleep, it is better for me to just continue taking the bus and sleep on it. 

So i keep going. I almost give up. My neck hurts, very badly. 

But after the forth hour of driving, things were getting better. Perhaps because during my first 3 hours, it was very dark and rain falls very badly. I was nervous. I didn't sleep and was extremely exhausted. Yea, perhaps i was exaggerating.

But when the sun rises, things get better. A lot better. 

I believe it is God who helped us through this. Around 12.30pm, we arrived at erie, finally. Alhamdulillah. It was 10 hours of journey. I can say it worth it. Yes. Definitely. 

When we arrive, i smiled to myself. I almost give up just because i don't know i can handle this. The long and tough journey seems impossible to me yet we made it!

That really open my heart about something. 

Life is not about how we look at it. Life is about how it actually is. Forget what you think of life, because that is uncertain. Look at what' guaranteed. You might not always positive in life, but that does not mean that negative stuffs will happen when you are pessimistic. Trust God. When God put you in a situation, he won't leave you alone. He is there, waiting for you to ask a help. He just wanted to see if you remember him. Just keep going. 

Yes, just keep going. Do not overthink about your feelings of something. Sometimes it is just you. Stop regretting things that can't change. You can't do anything about it else than just use it and go with it.

In going through things, who's with you is very important. If they doubt you ability to get through it, in the condition that you are feeling hopeless in yourself, that will be really hard for you to make. But i am blessed with someone who trusted me when i doubted my own self. That meant a lot to me. Really.

At the end of the day, those new things that we tried and risked are those that make you grow. You will be more that grateful to have those experiences. Just like me right now spending my midnight writing this. 

I feel blessed! Thank you Allah, Alhamdulillah.

I got my strength back! *tears 

"When the sun rises, things get a lot better!"



No comments:

Post a Comment