I remain clueless. It did bother me a lot but i just ignore it. Until that night, coming back from snow, sliding, i switch the news on tv. As expected, it was about the news i wanted to know. Now i know. It was about two Muslims attacking the Charlie Hebdo, the magazine office in Paris. 12 were shot, till death i guess. Not so sure about that. Really? Why? Apparently, it was because the two gunmen were shooting the cartoonists and journalists of the magazine company because they were insulting the prophet of Islam, Muhammad, in their magazines.
Yes. It is burning inside when people insulting our holy Prophet. But that protesting and killing and bombing is not the best thing we should do. I want to tell the world that Muslims are not terrorist. I want to tell the world that we are peaceful people. I want the world to know that we live not to harm anyone at all. Our religion teaches peace. Our holy Quran teaches peace and good thing. Killing the innocent is not at all from the Quran. That is the fact but the thing is, and the problem is, when Muslims are trying so hard to get the respect from the world, and we nearly get it, things like this happen.
The fact that the media used the term 'Muslim Terrorist' whenever a Muslim is attacking something really upset the rest Muslims of the world. The problem comes both ways. Ofcourse, first, why would a Muslim kills in the name of Islam but ignoring the islamic law? That is not islam. Good intention does not make the bad actions lawful! Who says a muslim shoud respond aggressively even when people were insulting our religion? The Quran says , in chapter 25 verse 63,
And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace,
SAY PEACE! I can cry out loud to beg Muslims of the world to remain peace and say peace even when they attack and challenge our anger! I know we had face these insults from the non-Muslims for such a long time. I know we need to do something. But please, killing is not what Islam teach us! Yes, Jihad! We need to to struggle, but don't forget to understand what Jihad really means! Islam ask us to struggle but not struggle to kill people and become a terrorist. Why not try to struggle within our own selves first. Struggle to control our anger. Think before act. Be patient.
Control our anger. Choose the best way to solve the problem. Don't cause more hatred. Because we are already hated by them. Show them love, because they really need that from us. Allah ask us to be kind to everyone. So please, be peaceful people, we are Muslims.
I know. We Muslims have not voice out enough to let everyone know that we too are not agreeing with the terrorists. Because that is not islam. Though they are Muslims, they are not potraying Islam. So the Media should stop associating Islam with terrorism. I could not deny that yes there are terrorism acts made by Muslims but don't judge. There are more noble acts made by Muslims that not covered by the Media. They need to know that as well. Just because the noble acts were not covered by the Media, that does not mean it does not exist.
The thing is, people only focus on negative thing about Muslim but forget to understand what Islam really teach. Please, if you want to know about islam, ask a practicing Muslim. don't just assume. Or read the Quran, the authentic translation of the Quran.
Or ask me . I am more than ready to answer with my humble knowledge and experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment